Sunday 31 July 2016

Please family, let me embroider in peace

title comes from a text post I found on tumblr that honestly, just me.

So in a move to curb my consumerism a little while also continuing to progress with artistic choices I'v started not buying sketchbooks as I feel like they are the gateway art material and once you're in the art shop in front of the 3 for £5 sign with a handful of wasted trees already and then suddenly you've bought thousands of paint boxes and pallet knifes that you don't need at all but seems like such a good deal.

So instead of spending money I should be saving I'm trying to work through the many pieces of paper I already own to work through my feelings. Double recycling and saving points for using a free lush catalouge and leftover yarn that I wouldn't have used anyway.

working my frustrations out through embroidery














Currently listening to Caramel Cult's amazing podcasts that ironically I listen to in the bath while using lush products.

Currently watching Tallulah on Netflix, like right now I'm half an hour in as I'm writing this. But also Stranger Things. Oh my god if you watch anything watch stranger things its so good for your soul.

Currently reading The Angel Esmeralda: Nine Stories by Don DeLillo, which is like the most beautiful notions of human connection and perfect for my short attention span when it comes to reading. Which brings me to The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath that I just finished reading a year after starting it, which blew my mind that I was never taught this book at school.

Currently eating anything vegan with hummus on it as of April I'm officially trying to become a proper vegan so good bye chocolate and pizza with cheese hello hummus.

xxx
Rosie

4 comments :

  1. I SO feel you about the art materials thing! it's so addictive... I have so many unfilled sketchbooks just sitting around. LOVE the creativity behind this post!

    www.miriamwoodburnblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh this is great! I've been trying to get back into embroidery recently too. I reaaaally wish that the Bell Jar was taught in schools too x

    - kalopcia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool!!!! I've been wanting to embroider more things because it looks so cute. Also, Stranger Things, yes, just YES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buying journals and sketch books and never writing in them is kind of my thing.
    Sundaysaresunny.com

    ReplyDelete