Sunday 26 April 2015

And god only knows how I've missed her on the palm of her hand is a blister


While I really want to lie and say everything's fine. It's not.
I didn't get onto the course of my dreams and it hurt. 
It hurt a lot. I cried for a long long time and freaked out and had to come to terms with the fact that I wouldn't be going to the place I've been dreaming about and I wouldn't get to live in London or sit in the library drawing with my headphones in while creative people worked around me as I'd been hoping.


Journal pages from the day after i found out i was turned dow because i was too sad on the day.

But then I moved on. I accepted a place on a course that I am happy to go on, and am going to live in a city that I do want to live in. So maybe I'll have to be the crazy creative one again and sit in a different library drawing. But that's okay. 


drawings to cheer myself up and what i want my fmp exhibition to look like

The main thing is I'm pushing myself. I'm finally leaving home. And even though it has only been an extra year it was still too long. And I'm living somewhere exciting and busy and creative and I'll still be living with creative and exciting people. And I'm not staying in Cardiff, which I realize now would have killed me and I'm not being over dramatic. 


art hoe takes to the road +++ being bored in an art gallery

But I'm moving on and listening to Sinead O'Conner and drawing late into the night, because I'm a hardcore punk bitch amirite? An no nothing does compare 2 u but it doesn't really matter because I might get to live near a harbor and there are so many vintage shops there and I'll finally live somewhere with an American Apparel so lol there goes my budget. 



Vintage markets +++ birkes in blossom


A drink that I didn't expect to be so sassy plus bread w/ flowers???
This bread is prettier than I am

xxx
Rosie

8 comments :

  1. Aww, I'm so, so sorry you didn't get on the course you wanted but GOOD FOR YOU THAT YOU ARE STILL BEING HAPPY AND POSITIVE AND EVERYTHING ELSE. And I know, I'm down at the moment, but good on you for focusing on the good stuff! *chants I Will Survive loudly* xoxoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo for positivity! I'm sorry you feel so down, while I don't know the reasons why, I promise you things will be rosy again! Don't start me singing, I'll have my motivated playlist full blast down the streets!

      xxx
      Rosie

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't get into your program, darling! I see that you are very talented though, and you will find your niche in life!! I think the stuff you have here is amazing! Keep doing you girl! it's nice to see you've moved on so quickly. p.s. I love that simply picture you said was in an art gallery, the shapes and shadows are really intriguing. p.p.s., those flowers and birks are cute af.
    Sarah | http://sarahluxe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! xxx I'm trying hard to focus on what I'm good at so hearing I'm good is A* for confidence building! The gallery picture was because there really wasn't that much in the gallery lol but I enjoyed visiting it, even if it was just for instagram!

      xxx
      Rosie

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you didn't get on the course you wanted, art courses (esp in london) are SUPER competitive so don't take it personally, you're crazy talented and I'm sure you'll do well wherever you go! London Uni's (e.g., UAL) often favour international students because of funding and stuff so It's super tough to compete with that. I've been applying for london art schools too this year and have also found it really hard (I assume you're applying for arty courses haha). Great collection of photos and drawings as always! :)

    www.miriamwoodburn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm kind of comforted by the idea that it was more likely lack of space on the course, rather than lack of talent/drive/whatever on my part. Art courses are really hard and I hope you get into what course you want!

      xxx
      Rosie

      Delete
  4. your journal pages are really nice and inspiring. I love your style.
    I also went through the same thing . not being able to do what I wanted or what I have planned. Go to the US that is. So now I'm planning something else and getting my head around it to make it work.

    I hope everything goes well and that you're happy! Positive thoughts okay?
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so sorry you aren't able to go to the US, it totally sucks not getting to do what you wanted but you should always think that the window of opportunity hasn't closed forever, it just wasn't open right now. I hope you have fun and love whatever your plan is now

      xxx
      Rosie

      Delete