Friday 10 April 2015

Into a thousand million pieces I will shatter if and when she pleases

Hello Goddesses

It's the end of easter break and I've not done a lot, I went up to London to visit a friend and see the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the V&A, which was fab but we weren't allowed to take photo's and I haven't really finished the sketches in my journal. Instead I just wanted to share some of the doodles I did along the way/while I was up there/when I got home


drawing people from instagram and trying to learn osoflower's way of drawing


crappy selfie and watercolour painting of what we saw in shoreditch


Louise Bourgeois exhibit in the Tate


I absolutely love this postcard its total riotgrrrl perfection - it was also riotgrrrl day yesterday so whoop!


a thing about being a female artist


I've been really inspired by Laura Callaghan recently, the bold illustration style is everything.  tried to mix it up a little and tried to make it more self portrait-y - also the song Let Her Go by Mac Demarco has been in my head all day.


truely awful scan of my faverouite Callaghan piece that I can't find the name of but I love intensely

Laura Callaghan


Paul Lee sculpture


I believe in Marshmallow Magic

xxx
Rosie

4 comments :

  1. Yaaay, you just introduced me to Laura Callaghan! That riot grrl message=feel the burn awesome. :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could keep a sketchbook like this, in the meantime I'll just admire yours :')

    www.miriamwoodburn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! honestly just pick up an old notebook and start doodling, my first sketchbook is nothing to be proud of
      xxx
      Rosie

      Delete