Friday 14 August 2015

I took a photograph of you in the herbaceous border It broke the heart of men and flowers and girls and trees

I just got over my exhaustion from my holiday to Edinburgh for the comedy festival with my friends and have now entered a post Scotland slump, which includes listening solely to Belle and Sebastian on repeat and wishing I had got into Glasgow School of Art for my degree just so I could be close to the beautiful city. I'm planning to do a little photo diary/journal piece on Edingbrugh in the future with all the photos and little bits and bobs I picked up during the trip so that should be coming late but over the course of the trip I got really inspired and have hopefully (fingers crossed) got back into a productive excited making phase so I wanted to do a quick inspo post of the things that have resonated in my mind.


Hannah Murray and Emily Browning in God Help The Girl 
(there's going to be a lot of God Help The Girl even though I know it was set in Glasgow not Edinburgh but that feel of being quaint and quirky but not in an annoying way transcended over the country)

found on tumblr here

Mona Lisa and Jean Ralphio Pin Set by ArtHippy on Etsy

From Art Hippy's etsy shop

Andy Warhol + #skull

Andy Warhol's Polaroid

larameeee:  Picasso

God Help the Girl

God Help The Girl again



Co - Resort 2016 x

toomuchsunpatch.jpgtoomuchsunpatch.jpg
Too Much Sun patch from Rose Hound Apparel



From jelloadventures



Found on tumblr




Screencaps of Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me that I found on Tumblr which is on my end of the summer to-watch list.



Bobo from We Are The Best aka me on the bus from Edinburgh to Dalkieth where we were staying

xxxx
Rosie

4 comments :

  1. This an A+ selection of photos that I'm really feeling on a weird nostalgic level. I think it's the colours, but I love this a lot. Also, the stills from God Help the Girl look so pretty and I've come to the realization that this is a movie which I need to watch as I'm probably missing out on something great, again, I think it's the colours. I also can't wait to see a photo diary of your time in Edinburgh!

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! God help the girl is amazing, my screenshots really don't do it justice but the whole film is all shimmery and sparkling with colour!
      xxx
      Rosie

      Delete
  2. Ahh I've just discovered your blog, the collection of photos is adorable, such good vibes! :) That polaroid of Andy Warhol inspired me to make more artsy photos like that and since I've never seen the movie I think I'm gonna watch God help the girl this weekend ;)
    xx

    www.teenapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! got to love Andy Warhol! so glad you like the blog
      xxx

      Delete