Monday 24 August 2015

Mine was entombed within boombox and walkman I was a hoarder but girl that was back then


I finally got it finished! I've been putting off completing this photo diary for the past week for three reasons -
no.1 to escape the pain and torture of trying to deal with our incredibly temperamental printer that wont accept the connection between any computer other than my mothers
no.2 the fear that I would muck it up and resent the whole thing
no.3 I've been in a state of fear that yes I'm actually moving away to uni in the second week of Septembers for weeks of freshers and new people and lot of alcohol.

But I finally got it done! It was actually quite fun and a relieving way to spend an afternoon or two just looking over my holiday snaps and collaging. It was also a huge relief to be working on something I actually wanted to do rather than for uni or thinking about the dreaded packing. 
I was inspired mostly by this photo diary I found on Rookie and I really like the idea of journaling through your holiday/week/month/whatever (even if I did this when I got back) it feels very satisfying to work through it so periodically. This diary is made of a lot of watercolours, fairly incomprehensible ramblings and notes and bits of paper I picked up over the few days I was in Edinburgh.

the flight up was very late on Friday night


Saturday our first day in Edingbrugh and my third time visiting the comedy festival there


Sunday a busy bee of a day


Monday the day I had to take some time for myself


a photo of me in the plant/phone booth and a better look at the page

Me in the phone box 

Tuesday and our last day in which we sandwiched in as much as possible



I'm also being a busy little bumble bee taking photos and moving forward with my zine Factory Girl - submissions are still open as at the moment I have yet to write anything so any text, poems or stories are very much appreciated

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment