Sunday 1 November 2015

middle of the worst season playlist

I'm not going to lie I hate autumn.
I hate the leaves dying I hate the rain I hate getting sweaty from all the layers I have going on because apparently everyone needs to wear gigantic polyester jumpers as soon as it rolls round and I hate pumpkin spice lattes.
I mean I've never tried them but I don't like lattes in general and I only eat pumpkin soup out of respect for Kate Nash and pumpkin pancakes because my mum makes them every holiday.

I don't like autumn because it feels like its closing shop on summer, the sun sets far too quickly and waking up becomes a painful extraction of me from my duvet cocoon. And it's a painfully long interlude between winter and Christmas and snow and snuggling up with blankets and hot chocolate and making Christmas gifts. 

So to distract my hatred of autumn I make playlists of pumped up songs that make me forget that the fallen leaves are probably stuck to my boots and I cant wear shirts without vests underneath. 
Two fingers up to autumn.


Photograph by me taken in Amsterdam earlier this year.

xxx
Rosie

2 comments :

  1. finally I find someone who agrees with me! I hate that it gets dark so soon it feels like the da is over by 4.30 pm D:

    www.miriamwoodburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Someone else who isn't mad! I'm sick of leaving class and missing the sunset!

      Delete