Monday 23 June 2014

Does your halo just not flatter your face?

Usually I've tried to update my blog fairly frequently, like every two or three days or at least once a week. But for the first half of last week literally nothing happened, and then in the last three days everything happened, I might make a post about it but basically I was too hungover every day to be able to post anything. I do have a bit more of a schedule and there are some posts I'm planning and some I've already half finished so I can get back on track. I've been a bit iffy about posting this, I keep talking myself out of it but when I go to edit it I cant find anything wrong so I'm biting the proverbial bullet and putting it out there.

I recently got back into pintrest after loosing interest in tumblr, many reading this are probably like how can you get bored by tumblr but after seeing the same posts and gifs over and over again I just wanted to take a break. So I logged back into pintrest and looked back into my old boards and found some pictures I was really interested in. After re-acquainting myself  with 80's and 90's loud and brash films, The Greatest Store In The World (completely out of season), Drop Dead Fred (RIP Rik), Pump Up The Volume and a bit of AbFab, I got into that in-your-face, IDGAF, just let me stick glitter glue all over my body and then come at me bro, aesthetic and I thought these images kinda summed that feeling up in their own interesting way. 

Unapologetic in their excess and femininity, over saturated and covered in sequins they almost show what happens inside my head. Just add in some fuzzy disco beat or an S-Club 7 track or two and you have a world I would love to live in. It does describe me in an interesting way, it's all pretty and sparkly and should be really cute but has an edge to it that just makes you go 'woah I don't wanna get in a fight with her when she's had a few'
The more I look at these the more I want to invest in facial glue and get buzay with my craft supplies.

I couldn't find a source for this but aint it pretty
Christian Lacroix Crown
Dolce and Gabbana S/S 2014
This is from a lovely collection by this gal
Pretty sure this is from Rookie
Art piece by Nicole-Andrijevic-Tanya-Schultz
And that is one helluva name
xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment