Sunday 21 December 2014

I tried to swim to the side but my feet got caught in the middle and I thought I'd seen the light but oh no.

Right now I'm totally freaking out about applying to uni's and writing personal statements and trying to figure out what grade i got for modual 3 in art??? So I'm trying to de-stress by putting up some journal pages, i finished my first big one while I was recovering from a virus on the sofa with the sickbucket (ew) and I went back and re-did some of the pages which was fun.


Peachy sketchdump with designs for the doll I have to make for uni, a business card sent by Alyssa and a kinda crappy life drawing I copied from an old sketch.


The last page of my journal, all about my main man Egon Sheile, also that quote was suposed to be by him but I got confused and wrote 'primordial entity' instead of 'primordially eternal' lol


A colouring in of a previously really dull drawing, its supposed to look like these, and a weirdly proportioned ink drawing of an angel. Or maybe that's what angel's look like.


My kinda favourite page, I did the drawing last year and have been waiting to put it somewhere and I was watching Nowhere Boy while completing it and I love the retro vibe of the whole thing.


A selfie page, filled with pictures from my phone/instagram, and a mismatch page of a design for uni, some collage stuff and an emulsion selfie of me.


+ + Feeling Blue + + and a page about my new fave french film, La Jetee, which is this fab 1960s sifi film that is just a montage of photos with narration but is just so good. You can watch it here but its in french and I cant seem to find an english translation so you may have to read the plot sumarry on wiki along side it to understand whats happening.


An embroidered mess on Cara's face with stitched and painted designs.






 I've shown this page before but now I've added colour to the drawing and it looks so much better.


The first page I started on in my new journal, its a kinda stupid sketch of a guy who sat in front of me in a lecture ages ago, I found the drawing in my note book and decided to stick in the little writings that came on the packaging of a ring set.

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment