Saturday 27 December 2014

Goodbye to this dead town, until the ice begins to thaw.

Slightly depressing lyric from my winter jam ~ Farewell To The Fairground ~ White Lies

Well Christmas is over, so long Yorkshire puddings and having wrapping paper everywhere, I've had a fab time drinking, eating, drinking, opening presents, drinking and watching crappy but heartwarming Christmas films and drinking. 
Yes, there was a fairly shocking amount of brandy/cava cocktails and strawberry cider involved in this years festivities honestly it made the whole thing go smoother.

~ This is not me promoting alcoholism btws ~ 

So to cool down after a stressful day of uni applications (I put down my final choices!) I'm sat in bed after an amazing bath, eating cheese cubes and looking at Dawn Porter and Chris O'Dowd's instagrams as they are my fave couple at the mo. 

I've also been doing lots of journal pages that I'll scan in and put up later, I really got into it all of a sudden and am nearly 2/3rds done with my most recent sketchbook.
The same goes for using my film camera, I put in some black and white film and had it with me for most of christmas day, lugging it round during our Christmas walk and annoying my family as they were eating. 


 I felt like Morrisey with the big coat and the scarf and the camera.
coat~topshop
scarf~river island
badge~david bowie exhibit at the V&A


My brother, mum, younger brother and grandma looking like they could be in an indie music video together.


Me looking awkward in front of the ocean and a weird knobbly tree


Selfie soaking up the rays while my family looked at the abandoned house behind us


Our Christmas tree, its kinda weirdly shaped but its still cute.


~ a vegetarians christmas in wales ~ 


A small collection of some of the things my family bought me, Rookie yearbook 3, Swim Deep and Tom Odell albums, watercolor paints, gold hoop earrings and a bralet type top from topshop.

I did get a lot more stuff and although this sounds super ungrateful, for the first time it was all stuff I actually want and need which is a good thing as I'm usually given crap that I don't need or use ever.

All in all its been a good christmas, and a fairly good year, but I can't wait to move on to next year

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment