Tuesday 6 January 2015

Stills from imaginary films

I was looking through some of the self portraits I took and decided a group of them had just the right amount of gloom and atmosphere to be in a indie alternative film. I've allways loved the idea of making film stills out of photos, just look through this dizzy dreamy series by Petra Collins. My project for my photography course was totally a film like series and back when I had a really cringey photography blog I used to make up little stories about the photos but never post them. 

It was looking through Sincerely, Isabella's post and I just love the idea of turning what look like simple intimate moments of friendship into film stills. It just worked really well in my head.

Once I started all of these other ideas fell out so here is film stills from a small collections of imaginary films you could (never) maybe see in an independent theater that serves free range corn on the cobb instead of popcorn or something.

Room No.14

Two young wanders fall into each other's arms and discover love, loss and lots of heartbreak against the backdrop of a dilapidated hotel in 1960's Bohemia.





Little Birds

A young girl tries to cope with the loss of her mother and her fixation on flying.





Suffocating 
4 people,. 4 stories. All close to the edge






Sorry for being all weird.

xxx
Rosie

2 comments :

  1. These are amazing and so is Petra Collins-you know there actually is an indie film called Little Birds. Juno Temple's in it, and apparently, it's really good. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg thank you so much xx petra collins is my photgraphy crush xxx Also i was thinking of the film Little birds but i couldn't remember the name but i was like 'i'm sure its not that' and put it as the title!
      xxx
      Rosie

      Delete