Monday 5 January 2015

Tomorrow I'll be quicker I'll stare into the strobe light flicker

My last post on the instagram for 2014 was of the sketch books I've filled throughout the year. I'm not sure why I was so emotional but it really made me feel like I've accomplished something last year and it was the first time I looked through them and properly compared them. 


Collages from the piles of interesting papers that have been piled on my bed for ages


Stitching of found photographs and art anger management therapy 


Really crappy pages to try and get the bad drawings out of my systems.


Quite crappy drawing of a Hockney portrait and water colour scribbles of emotions or something deep like that.


A quote I made up about dreamgirls and a drawing from rookie with a badly written explanation of why I still haven't learnt to drive.


Receipts with hairspray and doodle on them and my ticket from when I saw Josie Long in Edinburgh.


Ink splash with white ink over the top which makes a really satisfying sound to draw onto


Drawings of mutuals on instagram, some of them really messed up so I threw a bit of water onto them. Drawing about feeling awkward.


Sketch dump from when I found my favourite pen again and an Egon Sheile watercolour ink sketch.


Weird drawing of a friend and another ink drawing of someone on instagram who was channeling some mad Penny Lane vibez.


Ripped out drawings from my notebook because I got impatient waiting for a page to dry and had stuff to draw.


I've posted this before but I'm still really proud of the waterclour self portrait I did.


Drawings from people watching in town and a prefect example of why I'm not very good at drawing hands. Also a crayon drawing of what I want to be one say, staring out over the skyline and feeling happy.


I hate my dreams sometimes, they always feel too real and long and always open up old wounds, Also another letter from Alyssa which is adorable again

xxx
Rosie

2 comments :

  1. Ah, your journals are like a maze of creativity xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete