Sunday 8 February 2015

You'd do it different but its not up to you

I'm doing a super quick journal post tonight because I'm off to Amsterdam on an art trip with uni at 3:30 in the morning tomorrow and I still need to do last minuet packing things as I spent most of the day putting on new music on my phone.

I've not had a lot of chance to do proper journaling in the last few weeks as all the crazy of portfolio has gotten in the way and its been proper bumming me out. I've found out I kinda need to create artwork other wise I go kinda crazy

I kinda messed up this journal at first, it was meant to be a place to practice and try out different art styles and be a bit more concise and feature less random drawings but then I was at uni and had nothing to draw in but this and tried to sketch out a few designs in this book and it failed and most of them were hella ugly so I've tried to cover over them. You can see a few designs in the more busy pages.

Also the scans are kinda crappy because the sketchbook I've been using has been a bit weathered and wont lie flat in the scanner.


Self portraits without looking at the page +++ a blue and yellow dotty ode to Haley Blais who gives me good vibez


Girl Gang dreams +++ trying to cover up the bad work I'd done underneath


A big fuck you +++ the colour blue


Hero status - Andy Warhol and Tavi Gevinson


Butt embroidery +++ notes I had to make for my portfolio that looked really pretty


Gloomy comics +++ flowery self portrait


In the stars +++ blue dots (I really like dots at the moment)


Primary colours +++ a painting I did while listening to performance art


Flower girl +++ my feelings about the rain

xxx
Rosie

4 comments :

  1. Have fun in Amsterdam! But holy crap those designs looks amazing ((esp the hero status')), I also nominated you for the Liebster award here

    Elma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I'm totally going to do the award thing it sounds awesome!!

      xxx
      Rosie

      Delete