Tuesday 3 February 2015

Long Time No Type

Wazzzaaaappp?!?!?!

What a terrible way to start this. 

Honestly, that was painful to type. 

Its finally over! Well its not but I have a moment of time when I'm not freaking out or obsessively erasing specs of dirt from my portfolio pages on Photoshop so I'm typing away tonight.

The last few weeks have been insane and it was weirdly upsetting not being able to type out my problems, maybe everyone should try blogging, its like free therapy. Kind of. Not really.

I've been really productive though, I don't think I could have been procrastinating with all the work I had to get done, I manged to get my digital portfolio for Kingston and Glasgow in ontime with only one (three) major freakout(s) and finished (most) of my project for uni.


Uni project ~ reinventing the artist's shirt into the artist's cannvas feat. my bae Van Gough


I even managed to get a head start on the next project, in that I think I have enough time to finish the garment + my sketchbook work + portfolio sheets for it. Which is hella good.

I feel so awkward typing hella.

The new topic is skeletal structure (?) and I've decided on organic forms (?) as it meant I could just create stuff and write 'organic' next to the sample in my book and it would be fine. This means I can sit and knit badly with loads of different fluffy wools and knit on my arm and with the wrong sized kneedles and stitch randomly into fabric and it works because its organic form and I've found that can mean anything!


Shitty photo of my weaving sample



Booby arm knitting. 
It's fine, no need to wear anything underneath. 
Two strategically placed pieces of tit tape would work.



My first attempt at arm knitting that looks like road kill. Also I scored so many brownie points for hanging it up on the wall and 'making the studio 'our' space'. 


Lattice smocking, it failled when it was pulled together but my god it looked pretty before hand.


Me during arm knitting, looking like I'm trying to do the lame body armor thing + groovy ink blots from cleaning my paint brush.




Also the most excited thing of the past few weeks has happened.

Central Saint Martins have asked for a mini portfolio!

I'm so excited I may cry.

I was asked last Thursday and I was so freaked out I spent the whole snowy train journey (yeah it also snowed this week but I've only got photos on my digital camera) almost bursting with fear and excitement and happiness and dread. 

I spent the whole weekend digging my self into a little corner of my room surrounded by art equipment and print outs of old films and lined note paper. We were allowed to choose the title and I decided on Youth in Full Bloom because its pretty and sweet and has flowers and girls in it so how can you complain? Its kinda inspired by flowery lovely people on tumblr and period films like Marie Antoinette and Daisies and the music video for Don't Wanna Be Your Girl by Wet, which I have raved about before x.


It's all florals and pretty pastel colours and flowing things and I really like the whole thing, It got me thinking about Final Major Big Project for uni (which is its full official title) and how it might be more fun to do something bright and pretty and happy rather than the same deep slightly depressing subjects that it can be easy to fall into too much. I was thinking about happiness and child hood and Meadham Kirchoff and asking for people to send me drawings from when they were a kid to use as inspiration.

Sorry this post has been kinda rambly, it was more of a conversation with myself and different from my usual style, also sorry for my much longer than expected break from blogging. 
It was tough.

xxx
Rosie

1 comment :

  1. That shirt at the top kind of reminds me of Romwe clothes :) xoxoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete