Thursday 23 October 2014

All That I Have Is A River

So for the photography course I do at Chapter we had to do the first shoot of our final pieces, my idea was along the lines of a girl being stood up, time passing and the isolation of being in love, the idea changed a little when we got down to the beach, it was a really windy grey Friday afternoon so it was pretty wonderful as we never had people awkwardly trying to duck out of shot. The photo's were beautiful and it was partly thanks to my lovely model and soul sister Ella, who I used to do modeling with and is used to me shouting at her  to pose in the 'right way'. The photos have a lovely analogue feel despite being taken on digital, mostly because I left the white balance for florescent lighting on by accident which made it feel really dark and moody. It kinda reminded me of Richard Ayoade's first film Submarine, the whole film had grainy feel and a lot of the scenes had similar blue hues to them. I've actually really gotten into how directors colour their films, I've already done a page in my school journal analysing the colours of Sofia Coppola's work. 





Thanks again to Ella for being fab. 

xxx
Rosie

P.S. please don't take these photos without crediting/linking back to me, i.e please don't steal them, I don't want to say it but I these are being graded and go towards uni so they're a little more important than most stuff.

No comments :

Post a Comment