Wednesday 1 October 2014

All rise for the wonders of 90's denim

So on sunday me and two pals headed down to city hall for the vintage fair that's held every few months, it was a really cool affair, lots of cool vintage clothing a hell of a lot cheaper than in Urban or Topshop, they even had people doing vintage makeovers and live rockabilly singers. I've been suffering from low bank funds which has put a stop to wasting money so I'm back on a second hand kick,but I managed to find some sweet stuff, all of them very 90's denim related. 

* Apologies for the rubbish quality of photos, I forgot I'd left my camera on manual mode which isn't great when it's on self timer *


Very 90's over sized Levi's jacket, I've wanted a large denim jacket for a while but wasn't hot about the £40 + price tags they came with, this was £25 and has genuine distressing on the collar from wear rather than just a bit of sand paper on the fabric. I've been wearing it to art school and its great for keeping both warm and cool in the un-predictable weather, I didn't wear it with the check shirt to school but I thought with the crop top, circle skirt and a denim jacket I wasn't quite 90's enough.



This super cute dungarees that aren't only adorable because they're dungarees, they have Winnie the Pooh on them. Winnie the Pooh, the book I used to read all the time as a kid. They have a cute little Winnie tag and bees on one leg with an embroidery of the silly old Pooh bear floating away on a balloon. Yes I look like an over grown six year old but whatever. You can only wear dungarees a few times in your life and I'm calling mine now.



Technically I didn't buy these at the vintage fair, I found them at a charity shop the day before, these fab mom jeans are a bit tighter and more tailored than the last pair I bought, they're also really long so I'm going to have to roll them up a bit. They were only £2 so it would be criminal to let them go and waste away in the charity shops, I doubt anyone in my town would want to buy them. 


I have some slightly more fun stuff lined up for the next post rather than just a post of pictures of my pale chubby stomach and the proof that I'm not really good at saving money.

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment