Saturday 27 September 2014

This is not my beautiful life?

Title stolen from a Talking Head song because I couldn't think of a better one.

My week hasn't exactly been boring, I dont think I can honestly I can say nothing happened, its just that no really good blogging material happened. This week in art school was illustration and we had a two day life drawing project and then an introduction into illustration day all of which was really fun, I'm not exactly interested in taking illustration but I really wanted to get better at my life drawing and be a bit more free and exciting with my life drawings. The second day was the best, we were exploring tone and I could play about with paint and chalk and crayons and make loads of mess on the page, I may have gone a bit over board with the water colour crayons as the paper started to disintegrate a little. It's a shame I wont be going back to illustration as I really like the tutor and it does seem like fun, on the last day we had to illustrate words that describe ourselves and mine got pretty abstract pretty quick. 

Not a lot is happening outside of school, I've been pretty broke so I haven't been doing a lot of fun stuff, I spend a lot of time drinking water and sharing food when going out and I've tried to restrict the urge to go shopping, although I broke when I saw a pair of mom-ish jeans in the charity shop for £1.99. I 'm going to a vintage fair tomorrow so I'm going to have a splurge and then leave it for a while. I want to find a cool but practical back pack, a pair of dungarees maybe and some nice tops to wear to school to stop me from constantly wearing band shirts with my jeans.

On the plus side I have got back into sewing, at the moment I'm making a little bralet-top-type-thing which looks worst in the picture than irl, I'm not sure how its going to look on but I'm kinda proud of it, even if I still haven't thought about how I'm going to fasten it or make the straps. 


Hopefully there will be something more interesting next time, I have the vauge plan of a diy in the future but for the time being I'm afraid I'm a little boring

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment