Wednesday 17 September 2014

Busy bee is not good at photoshop

So I've been like super busy recently and I don't have a lot of stuff to blog about at the moment as four out of seven days a week consists of catching trains to college, doing art stuff, catching trains back to college in the horrible afternoon heat that goes away as soon as I get home, finishing work that I didn't complete in class, skyping pals in uni and going to bed. It's pretty exhausting and today I've just about caught up on the stuff I should have finished last week, I really wasn't expecting it to be as full on as it is and I cant wait for Friday to have some time to catch up with myself. 

Yesterday was the end of our graphics/photoshop week, in art foundation you make rounds of all of the art disciplines they offer, and I thought I'd put up the final piece we had to produce in an hour, never going to show the drawings we had to do, mine looked awful.



The brief was for an abstract self portrait that shows an aspect of your personality, I chose 'daydreamer' and 'lack of concentration' because both of those are very apt, It took me a while to get started because I was never really sure what I was doing so I just flung a couple of images together and tried to add in some definition afterwards, It took forever and true to the title I got bored quite quickly, I think it was just the boiling hot class room and the tanned colour pallet, I like the grainy quality and it reminds me a little of the scene in The Virgin Suicides when the boys read from Celia's Diary, but I feel a bit of that is me trying to justify making a not great piece of work, 




Screen caps from Sofia Coppola's The Virgin Suicides,

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment