Friday 12 September 2014

Autumn style inspo

I'm not a huge fan of the fall time, its the in-between season in which it gets dark way to quickly and the mornings are freezing but by 3 o clock the sun will bake you alive, which makes it impossible to dress accordingly. Unlike the rest of the internet I have no desire to drink pumpkin lattes or trudge through mountains of wet fallen leaves, I live in Wales and autumn only brings two months of rain soaked socks. 

While I'm not an autumn fan I do embrace the change in wardrobe, after the summer madness it feels like a good time to refine my fashion game. While I'm by no means a minimalist I think this time of year I can tone it down slightly, jeans have finally made their way back into my wardrobe, and my heart, and I've fallen for striped Breton tops once again. I'm feeling a bit more of a 60's/70's beatnik style, with a bit of 90's sitcom winter wear thrown in. Of course I'm still riding that skinny jean clad grunge train and since leaving school I've had a small crush on flippy school-girl/cheerleader/tennis skirts because have you seen an American Apparel ad. I'm trying to incorporate these looks together in a relaxed aesthetic without looking like I walked got attacked in a vintage store. 

I want to have a sense of effortless while knowing totally that 'effortless' is anything but, I'm reading Alexa Chung's book and she has a great quote that I'm just gonna leave here because I can't think of a good way to introduce the photos and I just really love the quote. 

“Looking effortless takes a lot of effort. When I get new Converse I dedicate some time at home to shoving mud on them so they don’t look squeaky clean.”



Hd








Untitled

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment