Saturday 25 October 2014

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity


Slightly creepy title from Edvard Munch 


I usually I dislike Wednesday, as I've already stated, but today was quite fun, our tutor gave us an actually quite interesting task to complete, after a cringe worthy hour of sitting as a group discussing our journals. 
We were given a ripped out page of a dictionary, a quite modern one as well, you can still see the remnants of the word glue sniffing under the petal of the flower on the right, after we'd been given the page we had to read through and find a word that we liked and illustrate it. I was planning on choosing Gloomy and painting/drawing a moody atmospheric sunset on the paper but then I spotted Gloxina.
The word looked odd enough to make me read the definition and google the plant  and find that it was a really pretty flower that I really wanted to draw and I'm pretty pleased with it. I know the colour isn't great and I haven't been wonderful with the fine-liner but overall it reminds me of the botanical drawings my granddad has in his house which makes me happy.

xxx
Rosie 

No comments :

Post a Comment