Wednesday 23 July 2014

Life feels suspiciously like a John Hughes film

While I know I haven't posted in forever and I have a really (kinda) good reason, I was in London for two weeks on an art course and had no computer access so there was no posts being written. I have a post about my time in London but its a bit rubbish and very much not finished so I'm going to upload that later. Instead I wanted to show what I did last night as it was one of those spontaneous kinda weird but super cool days that made the world feel like it was the backdrop of a John Hughes movie.

My friend is leaving for three weeks with her family to go backpacking around China and Thailand and so to say goodbye, a couple of us met up and went down to the beach and the pier to enjoy the warm summer evenings and eat chips. The evenings here are a really nice relief from the endless humidity and there's little wind so its just calm and relaxing for hours until the sun properly goes down. We just hung out for ages, talking, eating chips, joking around and seeing how far we could throw pebbles along the beach, which is surprisingly relaxing while being a good upper arm work out. 
It was one of those weird indie film moments that just needed a good sound track and a cute but mysterious 6ft tall love interest with great hair and it would be set. I didnt have any of that but I did have lovely friends and music from our phones which we probably played a little too loud.

While I am very much one for being in the moment and seeing life only through a screen I really appreciate taking photos as memories as hopefully I'll look back and remember the way the sky looked or how happy I was with my friends that I nearly cried during a Lewis Watson song or how the sunlight that hit the islands and the oil rigs made it shine with a golden glow.






These things were flying over us for
a while and they must have had motors
as they were moving upwards.
Which lead to a talk about gravity

I love pebbles, they are so small and
pretty and they feel really nice
in the palm of my hands






We began writing messages to each
other on the rocks when it got dark
this was after we got chips and talked
about parents and music gigs



xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment