Thursday 24 July 2014

London, Central Saint Martins, living alone and fashion sketchbook

So this post has been a long time coming, considering its been nearly a week since I got back from London but I've been a little unsure of how to put it as I cant seem to get my words out properly. Instead I'm just going to post some of the pictures I took and give a general overview of my time on the course.



Living alone in London 
It was weird living alone, I'd never even been to London on my own before let alone stay completely on my own for two weeks. It was kinda crazy and being completely on my own, despite making several friends, could be a little lonely and I found myself missing home a little, though I wasn't as homesick as I thought I would be. I guess it wasn't properly living alone, it was only two weeks and it was a sort of holiday so I didnt have to worry about rent or eating properly. It was still a pretty big event for me and I did enjoy the peace and quiet of living alone. 


While I was unhappy at the time because I was stuck in my room the rain was much better than the awful heat wave that London was experiencing in the second week. It also made the photos look seriously intense.

Me pretending to be cool with my new
jeans where as I actually just looked really
sweaty. Although I did match my bedding.


Double Denim Feat. 80's hair

I genuinely ate so much Pret food over the two weeks I'm
having withdrawal symptoms. The hot wraps were my savior. 

Company's high street edit which was really cool to read on
the bus in the mornings.
The tissue I used to clean my paintbrush.
I've no idea why I took this. 

The lovely view at the end of the corridor that I would wander
down when I was bored in my room
The view from the accommodation in Shoreditch
I caught a cold in the first week, and by the second week
everyone on the course had caught it which was a shame.
I decided to go for a fancy 'n' ill selfie.
Shoreditch fulled my obsession with instant ramen and
noodles. I wish I'd have kept the bowl as it was really cute.

 Shoreditch was super cute and artsy and I loved going round
and taking photos of the street art.
Like hipster hieroglyphics 





Even the Starbucks looked really cute and it was so relaxed
I sat and watched tv on my phone there for a while. 
While there is just water in this photo the Green Tea and Peach
drink from Pret was so delicious.

Just planes making pretty patterns.

For some reason I was surrounded by american style fried
chicken places which was a little weird but I had really nice
 chips from there.
Slightly fancier food here. On the last day we had a meal at a
cute and fancy cafe and I had this goats cheese and chutney
toasted sandwich, which was really tasty.
Central Saint Martins and Fashion Sketchbook

The course itself was fantastic and our course tutor Peter was a genius. Absolutely mental but defiantly a genius. The course wasn't what I was expecting but so much better, while the main focus was fashion design it wasn't about drawing pretty dresses or just looking at current styles, we studied anatomy in great detail and were taught what we were drawing and why we were making a mark here or there. We looked into how to make marks on the page and how colour works in fashion design. It was a fantastic course and it's a real shame that it was the last year of the course, I wish I'd have heard of it earlier as I'm sure it would have been a huge help during A-level but I know it's going to help me out in a huge way during art foundation. 
We weren't allowed to look pretty so here's our lovely group
showing off our lovely big ears.
So London was a blast,the course was fantastic and I still love London and I really want to go back there soon, me and my friends made half plans of going up for a joint 19th birthday between me and another friend. 

Next up is Edinburgh for the Fringe Comedy festival next week where I'll be staying with my grandparents and seeing some of the family that live in Scotland which is always fun. I also have posts planed for while I'm away rather than just leaving it for the week.

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment